Re: Apache Not Serving Up Documents

* Joseph A Nagy Jr (joseph_a_nagy_jr@charter.net) [Mar 11. 2003 00:01]:

> I have triple checked my router.

> Well, what info do you need? I installed Apache via apt-get, keep all
> my documents in /www (/dev/hdb1). I chowned -R janjrent.www-data /www
> and chown -R www-data.www-data /www

> Other then this, I don't know what else to give you guys. :(

In xterm/aterm/any-term:

telnet jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org 80

After:

Escape character is '^]'.

Type:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org

Then hit enter twice. It may indicate what the problem is (if you can
even connect).

Use Ctrl+] to close the connection. Type quit to exit telnet.

Post the output of the session here.

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8