Re: Quiet HDD (was Quiet cases)

> I just got a seagate barracuda ata IV (ST340016A) and it's freaking
> silent.  It's almost eerie; it sounds like a solid state drive or
> something!
>
> In terms of cost, I traded a few GB to get back a handful of dB; I think
> it was worth it =)

Good! I am thinking of getting one of those after reading some very good
opinion about them... But some weeks ago I notisted in a local shop that
there as been lauched a barracuda V [a 60Gb version. Then they had a 40
and 80Gb barracuda IV also].
I wounder is someone has tried this one and if it's even more silent that
the "IV" version or not...

Joao Clemente