Re: Only Modem Is Detected

nate wrote:
Joseph A Nagy Jr said:

So, I just put "tulip" at the bottom of the list and that's it?

for the next time your system starts.. in the meantime 'modprobe tulip'

Did that.

once that's done restart networking /etc/init.d/networking restart
and check ifconfig

Did that.

I'm reading ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/tulip.c right now.

this won't help a whole lot. if it happens that you need a different
version of the tulip driver(e.g. the one on that site) the process
of building it is rather complex.

Oh. :( I've never built a driver before. Heh. Learn something new all the time.

hopefully you won't have to build it! the standard kernel comes with
tulip support.

It's installed, but not working.

DHCP Client works, but I cannot ping anything (I can't ping the router (192.168.1.1 (router) or 192.168.1.10 (this comp). I have already rebooted the system, too.

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL