Re: Bad Debian (L.A.H.)

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 07:51:12PM +0100, J. Lambrecht wrote:
> The book sucks, would not dare to say so, since there is a forword by
> Linus himself. (Don't tell me -they- put pressure on him to do so)

Much as I hate to say it, Linus is not God. :) Few here would question
his authority on kernel issues, but I'm sure we could easily disagree on
userspace things.

> My mail originated mostly out of disbelief, i've been using Debian/GNU
> Linux on and off for the past couple of years and have successfully
> switched to linux since the past year or so. In my experience Debian is
> solid and well maintained, and then one reads a phrase like that.
>
> Debian wich is considered solid by most would have some gigantic
> weakness with inconsistent (unchecked) scripts ?

*shrug* I disagree with the book's author here, and don't find Debian's
init scripts inconsistent. If he does then that's his prerogative, but
*you* should decide for yourself rather than blindly believing either of
us.

If you want to continue to quote examples from this book, then you
should supply more context on exactly what the author is talking about.