Re: Bad Debian (L.A.H.)

All I know is that I've had Suse 8.0 on my office machine since last
September and as soon as I get a free couple of days, it's coming off
and debian going on.

I don't like the controlling sense I get from SuSe (an
anal-retentive's distro?) particularly the fact that every time I
install or update a piece of software (no matter how small) the system
has to "update the linker cache" which always seems to take several
minutes (this on a 1.6GHz P4 with 256MB, hardly a low end machine).

In a nutshell: I feel constrained by SuSe, I feel liberated by Debian.

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |