Re: Subj: CUPS (configuration problem for NON-root) only root can print properly

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, nate wrote:

> iks_kzm said:
>
> > I have
> >  lpd/hplj120
> >  and lpd/postscript
> > and
> >

> that is indicative of multiple spoolers installed on the system,
> run a dpkg -l | grep lp and see if lpr and/or lprng show up, also
> it may help to do a dpkg -l | grep apsfilter and dpkg -l | grep magicfilter
> remove any of those packages if they show up (dpkg --purge package-name)
 dpkg -l | grep lp

shows
rc  lpr            2000.05.07-4.2 BSD lpr/lpd line printer spooling system

dpkg -l | grep magicfilter

rc  magicfilter    1.2-53         automatic printer filter.

dpkg -l | grep lprng
shows nothing.

but when I use dselect and search lpr (or magicfilter) it shows that
neither lpr nor magicfilter are installed.

Should I uninstall lpd?

When I look at /var/spool/lpd/hplj1200
or /var/spool/lpd/postscript I see only very old files (22 November)
and all files dated form 23 November to 9 March are only in
/var/spool/cups/:  the files come from root and non-root printing jobs.

> >> /ttributes-natural-languageetc/printcap should be empty and/or
printer-uri> > -ipp://localhost:631/printers/HP_Laserjet_120B0Now I have
/etc/printcap empty

> delete /etc/printcap
I've deleted it.

Still have the same problem (: