Re: XMMS and CD Audio Broken

* Lonnie Sutton (lsutton2@qwest.net) [Mar 08. 2003 21:28]:

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:05:25AM -0500, Brian Clark wrote:

> > Package: xmms-cdread
> > XMMS Input plugin which will read an audio CD as data and play it in
> > realtime. This allows XMMS to use an audio CD for visualization, and
> > also lets you play an audio cd from a drive which does not have an
> > audio cd cable connected.

> Brian,

Hi Lonnie.

> Thanks for your help. As you may have seen in my reply to Michael, I
> had *not* changed the audio cable from the defunct drive to the burner
> drive, as I should have. It is now done, and as I said, it works using
> the Gnome player, gtcd. However, still no joy using XMMS.

One small point of clarification:

(see output of `apt-cache show xmms-cdread', above.)

"This allows XMMS to use an audio CD for visualization, and also lets
you play an audio cd from a drive which does not have an audio cd cable
connected."

Just so you know, I have xmms playing CDs from a CD-ROM without an audio
cable connected to the sound card, so I can say for sure that it works
as advertised. :-)

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8