Re: XMMS and CD Audio Broken

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 06:07:22PM -0800, Lonnie Sutton wrote:

   > Thanks for your help. As you may have seen in my reply to Michael, I had
   > *not* changed the audio cable from the defunct drive to the burner
   > drive, as I should have. It is now done, and as I said, it works using
   > the Gnome player, gtcd. However, still no joy using XMMS.

I too have observed this. I have a cdwriter and a plain cd. Am using
ide-scsi on both the drives. Could not get ide-scsi to ignore the plain
drive. Xmms never recognised the plain cd-drive as an audio cd-drive. If
you have a kernel without ide-scsi support, try xmms under that. You
might succeed in playing audio cd's off that drive.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

To see you is to sympathize.