Re: Script

* Tinus Kotze <13596128@sun.ac.za> [20030308 12:06 PST]:
> I am currently using proftp as a server. I am still learning scripts. I
> was thinking of using a script to help me with my access. I would like
> to take the xferlog and firstly takeout all the ip's that have logged
> into my server. Then I would like to use host to lookup the ip and then
> save under each host name the files that have been transferred. Can
> somebody help me with this, even if it is only pointers i would
> appreciate it. I am familiar with programming in delphi,java and a bit
> of C, altough no real scripting so far.

If you want to do this as a project to learn to write perl/bash/awk/sed
scripts, great.  Otherwise, if you just want your log files analyzed,
try one of these:

    *  Webalizer: http://www.webalizer.org/
    * HTTP-analyze: http://www.netstore.de/Supply/http-analyze/
    * Analog: http://www.analog.cx/
    * Report Magic: http://www.reportmagic.org/
    * FTPWeblog: http://www.nihongo.org/snowhare/utilities/ftpweblog/

(I just got this from

http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/contrib/ProFTPD-mini-HOWTO-Logging.html

and haven't checked which are apt-gettable).

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/