Script

I am currently using proftp as a server. I am still learning scripts. I
was thinking of using a script to help me with my access. I would like
to take the xferlog and firstly takeout all the ip's that have logged
into my server. Then I would like to use host to lookup the ip and then
save under each host name the files that have been transferred. Can
somebody help me with this, even if it is only pointers i would
appreciate it. I am familiar with programming in delphi,java and a bit
of C, altough no real scripting so far.

Regards
Tinus