Subj: CUPS (configuration problem for NON-root) only root can print properly

I use debian3.0 and installed CUPS. I have HP Laserjet 1200 series.

During the configuration (http://localhost:631/   as root)
I configured the printer: e.g. 1200 dpi, ...).
When I print something from  root account it seems that the cups
works OK and configuration of the printer is OK.

But when I use the printer from NON-root account it seems that
the configuration of the printer is NOT OK.
E.g. when I print some picture (region filled with gray colour)
it is printed as black but from the root account it is printed OK.

How one can configure printer for NON-root user?

Jan