Freetype & WINE

Hello all,

I'm running Woody, and I've added WINE via apt-get install wine.

I'm trying to run a Windows program via wine, getting mixed results.
One issue is this:

bash-2.05a$ wine planner.exe
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin planner.exe ...
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
<deletia>

Freetype is indeed installed, version 2.0.9 in fact.  It's provided with
Woody.

Any thoughts, or places I should look for setup info (I'm new to
Debian)?

Is this a Debian issue, or a WINE issue?

Thanks,
Bret