Re: Installer Woes Redux

Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
Okay. I've made it to the point where I can choose a method of install. For some reason I can't mount the CD I've used up until this point, and even then, it gets stuck on a "corrupted" package. I've used this CD before, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. OTOH, I can also do a network install. Only problem is I don't know of any servers other then the default server. It verifies everything up until libstdc++x.x (which it says it can't download), then backs out of the install, moving back to the option of

Next: Install the Base System
Alternate: Edit Kernel Boot Parameters

Suggestions?

BTW, Even after 12 hours, it wasn't done checking for bad blocks. At around 14 million blocks (11:30 pm last night) I went to bed.

I'd like to thank everyone for suggestions and help. I finally got the
base system installed and am not booting from floppy (I even installed
bfs2.4 so I could have the ext3 fs, which also means /dev/hdb1 is
recognized by the OS! go me!).