Re: config file for Kernel compile

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 at 7:35am, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

:One user on this list stated that I can just take my old kernel config
:file and copy to the new tree (?).  I assume that he meant by this that
:I should copy it to those directories where I am compiling the kernel.
:But in which folder exactly and I assume this is prior to running
:make-kpkg -config=menuconfig kernel-image.

I've always copied .config from the old kernel-source directory to the
new, and then done 'make menuconfig', but I suspect that's not canonical.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*