Re: config file for Kernel compile

/boot/config-[your kernel] contains the old config.
you can
a) 'cp /boot/config-[your kernel] /usr/src/[kernel source]/.config' and 'make oldconfig' there. b) 'make-kpkg -config=menuconfig kernel-image' and choose "Load configuration from file" in menuconfig and specify /boot/config-[your kernel].

hth,
/johan

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

One user on this list stated that I can just take my old kernel config file and copy to the new tree (?). I assume that he meant by this that I should copy it to those directories where I am compiling the kernel. But in which folder exactly and I assume this is prior to running make-kpkg -config=menuconfig kernel-image.

For the sake of information, I untar the kernel in /usr/src, then create a link to it as linux. I go into the linux directory (i.e., /usr/src/linux) and then run the aforementioned command.

Curtis

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net