Re: X11 problems: Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Jörgen Andersson said:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with my X. It crashes. It worked fine until yesterday
> and I did nothing :). Except running apt-get update, apt-get upgrade. I'm
> running unstable.
>
> Anybody have an idea, what's wrong. I have checked my memory with
> memtest86 and it ok.

looks like your using the nv driver. which is the Xfree version of
the NVidia driver. Any particular reason your not using the closed-source
Nvidia driver from nvidia.com?

in any case it seems to be a bug, try disabling DRI and GLX and see
if it works then.

to turn off glx, disable the option in XF86Config-4, to disable DRI,
I'm not sure what you need to do(or if it's even possible).

nate