Help! partition table!

My disk layout:
hda1: Windows XP 10 GB
hda2: Debian 3.0 40 GB

I've been happily using debian 3.0 woody for 2 weeks now. I decided it was time for an adventure and decided to install sarge unstable to my scsi drive. I booted the cdrom, and had fdisk write the partition table to my scsi drive. then it promted for a disk to install to, it listed two paritions/disks. I *thought* this was my scsi disk, but it turned out to be my IDE disk. I choose disk/partition 2 (it was labeled something like /dev/discs0/part1/) and had 'default' appended. I got the message "writing inodes..." and saw my IDE led activity going red and my scsi jaz drive was showing no activity. I immeadiately noticed my mistake and hit the power off button.

Then I tried booting up, lilo started fine, and I selected Linux. it booted up to the level of: loading NFS, mounting root on 02:03... kernel panic failure, or something in that style, either way I figured my linux partition was crapped up.

I am now in my Windows XP system. Please, I beg you, help me recover my linux files, I spent soo much time configuring it all and finally getting it to work, and will promise never to do something stupid as this again. :-/

please oh please.

--Azaghal.