Re: cdrecord doesn't work

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:28:31PM +0000, Brad Eisan wrote:
> Florian,
>
> I will need more detail. What kernel r u using? Contents of

# uname -r
2.4.18

self-compiled to smbmount large files, rest unchanged from Debian.

> '/etc/modules' ? Have you added anything to '/etc/modules.conf' ? What

see end of message. I haven't added anything, yet (except network card).

> does 'cdrecord -scanbus' return? Do you have a symbolic link from

# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.

> /dev/scd0 to /dev/xxxx (xxxx=what u call ur burner)? Have you added

# ls -l /dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Mar  7 21:28 /dev/scd0 ->
/dev/hdd

> anything to 'append=' in lilo.conf? I am assuming the cdrw is not an

There is the following section in lilo.conf (this kernel is booted):

image=/boot/vmlinuz.smb
        label=kernel_smb
        read-only
        append = "hdd=ide-scsi"

> scsi device and you are trying to emulate scsi for an ide cdrw, yes? Do

yes

> you have two cd drives? If so, which is the burner (hdx) and what ide
> bus are they on?

yes, there is also a dvd reader.

Both are on the IDE1, the dvd-reader is master.

Thanks for your help.

Florian.

# grep -v "#" /etc/modules.conf
keep

post-install bttv insmod tuner
post-remove bttv rmmod tuner

alias char-major-10-175 agpgart
alias char-major-10-200 tun
alias char-major-81     bttv
alias char-major-108    ppp_generic
alias /dev/ppp          ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3       ppp_async
alias tty-ldisc-14      ppp_synctty
alias ppp-compress-21   bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24   ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26   ppp_deflate

alias loop-xfer-gen-0   loop_gen
alias loop-xfer-3       loop_fish2
alias loop-xfer-gen-10  loop_gen
alias cipher-2          des
alias cipher-3          fish2
alias cipher-4          blowfish
alias cipher-6          idea
alias cipher-7          serp6f
alias cipher-8          mars6
alias cipher-11         rc62
alias cipher-15         dfc2
alias cipher-16         rijndael
alias cipher-17         rc5

alias char-major-10-134 apm
alias /dev/apm_bios             /dev/misc/apm_bios
alias /dev/misc/apm_bios        apm

alias eth1 3c59x

alias /dev/nvidia* NVdriver
alias char-major-195 NVdriver

alias /dev/nvidia* NVdriver
alias char-major-195 NVdriver

alias /dev/ppp          ppp_generic
alias char-major-108    ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3       ppp_async
alias tty-ldisc-14      ppp_synctty
alias ppp-compress-21   bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24   ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26   ppp_deflate

alias /dev/tts          serial
alias /dev/tts/0        serial
alias /dev/tts/1        serial
alias /dev/tts/2        serial
alias /dev/tts/3        serial
post-install serial /etc/init.d/setserial modload > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
pre-remove serial /etc/init.d/setserial modsave  > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias char-major-10-144 nvram
alias binfmt-0064 binfmt_aout
alias char-major-10-135 rtc