Re: cdrecord doesn't work

Florian,

I will need more detail. What kernel r u using? Contents of '/etc/modules' ? Have you added anything to '/etc/modules.conf' ? What does 'cdrecord -scanbus' return? Do you have a symbolic link from /dev/scd0 to /dev/xxxx (xxxx=what u call ur burner)? Have you added anything to 'append=' in lilo.conf? I am assuming the cdrw is not an scsi device and you are trying to emulate scsi for an ide cdrw, yes? Do you have two cd drives? If so, which is the burner (hdx) and what ide bus are they on?

I can't narrow down what your problem is without most of these details.

Brad...

Florian Sukup wrote:
Hi,

I have trouble writing a CD using cdrecord.

My old Computer is running SuSE. There I can write a CD.

There is Debian woody on my new computer and here it's not working:

# cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=10 blank=fast file.cd_image Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
cdrecord: No such device. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.

To make it work I tried
modprobe ide-scsi
mknod pg0 c 97 0

but no effect.

Please help, I already spent half day in searching for a solution.

Thanks,
Florian.