RE: Kernel-sourcecode directory

Hi!

snip [...]

> > Hello for the 3rd time today,
> >
> > I've downloaded the nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glc-src and read the
> > documentation. You have to give a command wich gives this result:
> >
> > We do not seem to be in a top level linux kernel source directory
> > tree. Since we are trying to make a kernel package, that does not make
> > sense.  Please change directory to a top level linux kernel source
> > directory, and try again. (If I am wrong, and this is indeed a top
> > level linux kernel source directory, then I have gotten sadly out of
> > date with current kernels, and you should upgrade kernel-package)
snip [...]

I assume that you have to do a "make-kpkg --revision Xyz modules_image"
You should be in the source directory of the kernel that you're running
(or planning to run) to do this, a.e. /usr/src/linux-2.4.18 or
/usr/src/linux .

If you don't have a kernel source directory, you can 'apt-get
kernel-source-2.4.18' (or whatever your current kernel is...) to get
one, or get the source from your friendly www.kernel.org mirror,unpack
it in your directory of choice, preferably /usr/src, 'cd' there and run
the above command again. The kernel-package can then make modules that
fit with that specific kernel.

Before you do this, you might have to specify the directory where your
modules source code is, i.e. export MODULES_LOC="/usr/src/modules", as
you would with the alsa drivers.

HTH
--
Eamon A.Roque <eamon-roque@imail.de>