Re: Which packages from sarge, which from sid?

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 07:53, Jaume Guasch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run "dpkk -l | grep ^ii", it, of course, lists all the installed
> > packages, and version numbers.
> >
> > Is there a standard method for determining which distrobution (stable,
> > testing or sid) that package comes from?  I.e., something that generates
> > this list:
> > PACKAGE_NAME      VERSION     DISTRO
> >

> Don't know what you call standard, but apt-show-versions works here, e.g.:
>
> $ apt-show-versions bash
> bash/stable uptodate 2.05a-11
>
> $ apt-show-versions alsa-source
> alsa-source/unstable uptodate 0.9.0rc7-5
>
> without a package name it will print all the installed packages.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Ron
>
> Hope this helps,

Man, that's *exactly* what I want!  Many thanks...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| The difference between Rock&Roll and Country Music?       |
| Old Rockers still on tour are pathetic, but old Country   |
| signers are still great.                                  |