Re: Which packages from sarge, which from sid?

Hi,

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I run "dpkk -l | grep ^ii", it, of course, lists all the installed
> packages, and version numbers.
>
> Is there a standard method for determining which distrobution (stable,
> testing or sid) that package comes from?  I.e., something that generates
> this list:
> PACKAGE_NAME      VERSION     DISTRO

Don't know what you call standard, but apt-show-versions works here, e.g.:

$ apt-show-versions bash
bash/stable uptodate 2.05a-11

$ apt-show-versions alsa-source
alsa-source/unstable uptodate 0.9.0rc7-5

without a package name it will print all the installed packages.

> Thanks,
> Ron

Hope this helps,

Jaume