Re: pinfo from testing or unstable.

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:47:03AM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
>   Can people who run testing or unstable verify the following?
>
>   I have a non harmful bug with pinfo on testing or unstable. More
> specifically, I can scroll past what was supposed to be the bottom of
> the top dir page and get a 2nd copy of that page. For example when I
> run pinfo and scroll towards the bottom of the page I can get the
> following:
>

>     * units: (units).                           Units conversion.
>     * wdiff: (wdiff).                           Word difference finder.
>     * GNU Utilities: (coreutils).               GNU Utilities.
>     * Mtools: (mtools).                         Mtools: utilities to access
>                                                 DOS disks in Unix.
>
>     File: dir       Node: Top       This is the top of the INFO tree
>       This (the Directory node) gives a menu of major topics.  Typing "d"
>       returns here, "q" exits, "?" lists all INFO commands, "h"  gives a

I have

ii  pinfo          0.6.6p1-1      An alternative info-file viewer

on sarge and do not get the same behaviour.

>     * Change /usr/info into a symlink to /usr/share/info if possible
>
> What the output of
>     ls -l /usr/info
> ?

zsh % ls -l /usr/info
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 2002-08-12 12:23 /usr/info
-> share/info

If you want to see the contents of that directory, use
ls -l /usr/info

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
                     Matthew 28:19,20