Re: gimp graphics tablet recomendation ?

On Thursday 06 March 2003 10:54 pm, Andrew Hurt wrote:
> Dave Selby wrote:
> > I am increasingly using gimp and am thinking of getting a graphics
> > tablet. Does anyone have any recomendations that are compatible with
> > woody ?
> >
> > If not is there a hardware compatibility site for debian ?
>
> I compiled Wacom and USB into the kernel, and my Wacom 6x8 USB does the
> job. Didn't have to do anything with XF86Config-4--it just works.
>
> I'm still trying to diagnose the lack of pressure/eraser support, but that
> will come ;-)

I have a Wacom Graphire USB that also 'just works' with the X drivers. It
replaces my ps/2 mouse. the Graphire mouse works fine, and it saves space. To
get pressure/eraser functions, you need to install the Wacom drivers, the X
drivers only give basic functionality. See
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~flepied/projects/wacom/, and be sure to
cruise the list archives. The list is low-volume, but very helpful.

--
Carla Schroder