Re: Upgrade to KDE 3.1

> What I would usually do (and there may be a better way) is on the
> new PC I  would add the appropriate URL to /etc/apt/sources.list
> for retreiving the  debs and then run an "apt-get update" to make
> the computer aware of the  available updates.
>
> Next I would copy all of the debs to /var/cache/apt/archives on
> the new PC and  simply run "apt-get dist-upgrade".  This way you
> can use apt to solve any  dependency issues for you but still use
> the pre-downloaded files.

i have somehow managed to put the right entry in sources.list now
and ran an apt-get update.Now, when I give a apt-get install kde it gives me an error
mentioning at least a hundred dependencies !! which packages do
install to install and run kde ...

Sharninder Singh
National Institute Of Management, Calcutta

'M.C.S.E - Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert'