Re: where does "root" mail go ?

Am Don, 2003-03-06 um 19.20 schrieb Dave Selby:
> When an application sends mail to ''root" where does it go ? because I cant
> find it ! All mail I have ever accessed is via the web with kmail.
>
> Is it supposed to be posted to ...
> /var/mail/ ?

Yes. That's the directory for local delivery. In many cases the mail to
root will end up there. Please look in /etc/aliases to see which user is
getting the root mail (root is not expected to read his mail himself -
because of security considerations)

Next you should have look in directory
/home/target-user-for-the-root-mail. Is there a file named ".forward"?
Look for the destination adress in .forward.

If there is nothing to find, you need to post with MTA (Sendmail,...)
and with local-delivery-agent (procmail, ...) you are using. Do you use
cyrus imapd?
--
Wilfried Essig