Re: kernel: lp0 on fire ????

On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:06 am, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I got this very interesting logcheck email with this line
>
> Mar  6 14:24:35 server kernel: lp0 on fire
>
> What does this mean - I can confirm that there is no actual fire as of
> yet but it does have me worried - any thoughts ?
>

> Shri

A Google search for  lp0 on fire turns up several hits:
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:bcjVD8F2zJUC:www.kalamazoolinux.org/mailarchive/0006/msg00188.html+lp0+on+fire&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Apparently this is an old and honorable Unix humor tradition.

">> > `lp0 on fire' is a age-old UNIX joke. It was in the earliest kernels

--
Carla Schroder