MySQL over NFS

Hi,

	I've got to install a MySQL server with a hihg availabity
configuration: one MySQL server running and the other in standby. I was
thinking about using a NAS serving NFS partitions. But I have read
documents about database servers (like oracle and others) not running
well over NFS filesystems (because they use raw files).

	Do you know if there is any problem to run MySQL over a NFS filesystem?
Or do you know any other way to configure MySQL with high availabiliy?

	Or course, running MySQL in debian servers (woody).

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Redes y Comunicaciones