Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:19:09 +0100
Michael Bona <mbona@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> so did you find a pattern under what circumstances it works and when
> it does not? I would be very interested especially concerning Debian
>
> Michael

Sorry,

late reply - technical problems.
Basically what does work is a netinstall with the 'boot.iso'from Eduard
Bloch.
I suppose his 'bootbf2.4.iso' would also work if I could get the iso to
CD in one peace.
The 'sarge-businesscard' and 'sarge-netinstall' iso's from debian have
the problem that the module sis900 isn't there when you choose the
option'netinstall' at boot.
When you just hit 'enter' and load all available options - thats what I
do since I can't see the fist 13 on my screen - a couple of times the
sis900 module is available but modprobe can't load it for some reason;it
does load with 'insmod sis900'.
After that detection with dhcp fails.I tried to look at the config files
with nano - but that complains about something UTF8 as far as I
remember.
The detection works fine.
With an old potato CD I got everything worked fine.

If you need any more or any specific info please let me know.

Klaus