Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.
- From: Klaus Imgrund <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:43:57 +0000
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <3E5B1562.email@example.com> <1046159937.6900.10.camel@ninja> <3E5B60B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3E5B9D16.email@example.com> <20030225182441.B17439@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5C7660.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030226101247.A25702@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5D8652.email@example.com> <20030226230118.A14873@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5D91CD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030227001546.A7619@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5DBB5B.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:19:09 +0100
Michael Bona <email@example.com> wrote:
> so did you find a pattern under what circumstances it works and when
> it does not? I would be very interested especially concerning Debian
late reply - technical problems.
Basically what does work is a netinstall with the 'boot.iso'from Eduard
I suppose his 'bootbf2.4.iso' would also work if I could get the iso to
CD in one peace.
The 'sarge-businesscard' and 'sarge-netinstall' iso's from debian have
the problem that the module sis900 isn't there when you choose the
option'netinstall' at boot.
When you just hit 'enter' and load all available options - thats what I
do since I can't see the fist 13 on my screen - a couple of times the
sis900 module is available but modprobe can't load it for some reason;it
does load with 'insmod sis900'.
After that detection with dhcp fails.I tried to look at the config files
with nano - but that complains about something UTF8 as far as I
The detection works fine.
With an old potato CD I got everything worked fine.
If you need any more or any specific info please let me know.