My system is:
AMD K6-350
ASUS Motherboard
Adaptec AHA-294x/AIC-78xx
Seagate SCSI HD (9Gb)
Intel Pro/100+
ATI Tech 3d Rage Pro PCI
Hitachi CDR-7930

I boot up and get the message that "No hard disk drives were detected".

Everything else can detect this drive (Gentoo, Vector, FreeBSD,
Win2000), so I know it is configured properly. What do I need to do to
boot an install kernel with aic7xxx support?

Btw, I can't find my answer in the Debian docs, nor has IRC been
helpful - they directed me to inquire here.

Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> Regarding the former, I am speaking of the general sense, in which I
> frequently change terminal sessions, and I know that I typed out some
> complex string in last couple of days, but I'm really not interested in
> foraging all open sessions to find that one (1) exquisite instance ;>
>
> This, imho, is a productivity issue, and I have never understood why
> bash did not follow this ksh behaviour ;<

I have no idea if you can do it with bash, but you can with zsh:

setopt share_history

--
see shy jo