Re: Kernel compile for dhcpd

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 05:35:55PM -0800, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
[ Please don't top post, it makes your post hard to read and easier
to ignore ]

> Hubert Chan states that I can just take my old config file and copy to
> the new tree.  I assume you mean to copy it to where I am compiling the
> kernel.  But in which folder exactly and I assume this is prior to
> running make-kpkg -config=menuconfig kernel-image

Yeah.  When you're in your kernel source directory, say
"/usr/local/src/linux-2.4.20", just do

  cp /boot/config-2.4.18 .config

and then run "make menuconfig" or the make-kpkg command you show.

BTW, I always provide a "--version" argument to make-kpg as well.
YMMV.

  Just because an idea originated at "redhat" does not mean it is evil.
          -- Sean 'Shaleh' Perry