Re: Upgrade to KDE 3.1

> If you just have the debs, and only want to update one machine,
> the  right way is to download the debs and install the using
> dpkg.
> Then to keep up to date you might want to add the repository from
> where  you got the packets from to your sources.list.
>
> deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/
> woody main

as i said .. i have already mirrored the
ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.1/Debian/* hierarchy using wget -c -r
...Now i want to use this to install kde3.1 to my desktop. There are
more than 250MBs of debs. Can't I just give the name of some
metapackage like kde .. and install everything.
Sharninder Singh
National Institute Of Management, Calcutta

'M.C.S.E - Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert'