Re: Upgrade to KDE 3.1

If you just have the debs, and only want to update one machine, the right way is to download the debs and install the using dpkg. Then to keep up to date you might want to add the repository from where you got the packets from to your sources.list.

deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/ woody main

seems to have them.

hth,
/johan

Sharninder wrote:

 hi all, I have been using kde 2.2 which comes with woody since a long
 time now. But recently i downloaded all the 250 MBs of backported
 debian packages of KDE 3.1 from ftp.kde.org. And i have them on a
 comp. somewhere on my network. Now, i want to upgrade my personal
 desktop to kde 3.1. I downloaded all the files from the kde server to
 my server and have ftp access to it. What line do i insert in my
 sources.list to apt-get update and install the kde update on all the
 desktops from the server itself. And what command should i give to
 update everything.I have downloaded the whole /pub/kde/stable/*
 hierarchy from kde's servers

 Sharninder Singh National Institute Of Management, Calcutta

 Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert'

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net