Re: Patched sendmail? testing?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:47:33PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> * Jamin W. Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net) [030304 18:30]:
> > On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:05:37PM -0500, stan wrote:
> >
> > > Moving target or not, I think 200+ day uptimes ina 24x7 production
> > > environment say something about teh :stability" of the testing
> > > release.
> >
> > Stability isn't just a matter of uptime.
>
> In the MS Windows world, it is.

Irrelevant.  The discussion up to this point had little to nothing to do
with MS Windows.  It was a complaint about the lack of security support
in testing, and an argument for the "proven stability" of testing was
the uptime of a system.  Then a conclusion was drawn from this uptime
that the release was "stable" and therefore in dire need of support from
the security team.  I'm simply pointing out that uptime is a by product
of stability, but not necessarily a valid (or even useful) indicator of
it presence.

--
Jamin W. Collins