Re: About user nobody

Milanuk, Monte wrote:
<snip>
The user doesn't appear in the linuxconf interface.

Try 'less /etc/passwd'.  There are probably a lot of 'users' in there that
you don't recognize, and that aren't in linuxconf.  A lot of them are system
daemons or other accounts necessary for programs and services to run w/ the
correct access permissions and such.

BTW, try webmin instead of linuxconf.  Last I heard, it was more or less
dead and somewhat broken.

You are right about linuxconf being broken. As far as I can tell, it's never worked.

<snip>

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL