Re: Dummy

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 10:03:42AM -0600, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> I guess you are right. I tried today to install as a root using rpm, and I
> got the reply you say: "database doesn't exist". Is alien in the
> distribution of Debian or should I grab it apart? I think I'll have a look.

alien is in the distribution. I used it twice, IIRC, to install some things
that weren't available as .deb. I later removed one, and upgraded the other,
which had become available as a .deb, but that particular machine still thinks
I installed it with alien.

--
Phil Reynolds (PGP now available)
 o  ____ Internet: phil@tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95