Re: VCDs (was Newbie Functioning In Debian)

-- Graeme Merrall <graeme@inetix.com.au> wrote
(on Saturday, 01 March 2003, 12:18 PM +1100):
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:57:37PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:19:50PM -0800, nate wrote:
> > > You'll probably need vcdtools, or vcdimager. Or look for tools that
> > > can create/burn .bin/.cue files, this format is what a VCD would
> > > come in. the .bin contains the raw data, and the .cue tells the
> > > CD software how to burn it.
> >
> > Can you use one of those tools that convert bin/cue to get a disk
> > image and expect it to work right?
> >
> > I'm also having difficulty finding some decent VCD documentation.  I
> > see plenty for Red Hat.  I'll admit I'm way too lazy to go alien in
> > some of the tools it mentions, though...there's gotta be a Debian
> > solution...
>
> I've spent the last few days playing with this myself. I've not got
> anything down on paper but if you're interested, mail me and I'll try
> and fill you in.

I'd be interested -- I've been slowly gathering hardware and components
to build a mulitmedia system, and wouldn't mind being able to archive my
daughter's favorite Caillou and Clifford episodes for her... :-)

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net