Re: lmsensors on SOYO Dragon mobos

    "Paul" == Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

    Paul> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:17:29AM -0600, Shyamal Prasad
    Paul> wrote:
    >> I use the same mother board you do. All the hardware on the
    >> board I've tried to use works (which means I have no idea about
    >> the smart card reader). The built in ethernet is supported with
    >> the via-rhine module, the sound is supported via cmpci. The
    >> serial and parallel ports work out of the box.

    Paul> You haven't bothered figuring out a correct sensors.conf for
    Paul> the sensors on it, have you?  The default ones will read the
    Paul> sensors, but not accurately or alarm at sane ranges and I
    Paul> can't seem to find specs to fix this.

Here is my config, heavily edited around 12 months ago, and it works
in that the values printed match up against what the BIOS reports on
startup as closely as I can make out. If I remember right you said you
had a slightly different board (KT333?), but try this. I honestly
can't remember where I got the specs, hints etc.....

BTW, I also use this nifty package called lvcool
(http://mpet.freeservers.com/LVCool.html, but I have a .deb from
somewhere too) that helps keep my processor cool enough that I keep my
system running through the Texas summer without having to run the A/C
at max settings. I'm not sure it will work on a KT333 chipset though.

Cheers!
Shyamal

# Sensors configuration file used by 'libsensors'
#------------------------------------------------
#
# Modified by shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net for Soyo Dragon+ motherboard
# from the version distributed in lm-sensors 2.6

chip "it87-*"

# Voltage monitors as advised in the It8705 data sheet
# Changed labels to read like the Soyo Dragon+ BIOS on rattler
    label in0 "VCore"
    label in1 "VCC 2.5"
    label in2 "+3.3V"
    label in3 "+5V"   #really +5V, and not 5VSB I think
    label in4 "+12V"
    label in5 "-12V"
    label in6 "-5V"
    label in7 "5VSB"  #standby - I think

    set in0_min 1.75 * 0.95
    set in0_max 1.75 * 1.05
    set in1_min 2.4
    set in1_max 2.6
    set in2_min 3.3 * 0.95
    set in2_max 3.3 * 1.05
    set in3_min 5.0 * 0.95
    set in3_max 5.0 * 1.05
    set in4_min 12 * 0.95
    set in4_max 12 * 1.05
    set in5_min -12 * 0.95
    set in5_max -12 * 1.05
    set in6_min -5 * 0.95
    set in6_max -5 * 1.05
    set in7_min 5 * 0.95
    set in7_max 5 * 1.05

    # vid not monitored by IT8705F
    ignore  vid

    # not monitored by Soyo Dragon? These are not in the BIOS print outs!
    # or the compute statements below are wrong
    ignore in5
    ignore in6
    ignore in8

# For this family of chips the negative voltage equation is different from
# the lm78.  The chip uses two external resistor for scaling but one is
# tied to a positive reference voltage.  See ITE8705/12 datasheet (SIS950
# data sheet is wrong)
# Vs = (1 + Rin/Rf) * Vin - (Rin/Rf) * Vref.
# Vref = 4.096 volts, Vin is voltage measured, Vs is actual voltage.
# Following line uncommeted for Soyo Dragon
#    compute in2 (1 + 1)*@ ,       @/(1 + 1)
    compute in3 ((6.8/10)+1)*@ ,  @/((6.8/10)+1)
    compute in4 ((30/10) +1)*@  , @/((30/10) +1)
# The next two are negative voltages (-12 and -5).
# The following formulas must be used. Unfortunately the datasheet
# does not give recommendations for Rin, Rf, but we can back into
# them based on a nominal +2V input to the chip, together with a 4.096V Vref.
# Formula:
#    actual V = (Vmeasured * (1 + Rin/Rf)) - (Vref * (Rin/Rf))
#    For -12V input use Rin/Rf = 6.68
#    For -5V input use Rin/Rf = 3.33
# Then you can convert the forumula to a standard form like:
    compute in5 (7.67 * @) - 27.36  ,  (@ + 27.36) / 7.67
    compute in6 (4.33 * @) - 13.64  ,  (@ + 13.64) / 4.33
#
    compute in7 ((6.8/10)+1)*@ ,  @/((6.8/10)+1)

# Temperature
# Labels chosen to match the Soyo Dragon+ BIOS
    label temp1       "CPU Temp"
    set   temp1_over  60
    set   temp1_hyst  20

    label temp2       "SYS Temp"
    set   temp2_over  40
    set   temp2_hyst  15

    # Unused on Soyo Dragon+
    ignore temp3

# Fans

    set fan1_min 0
    set fan2_min 3000
    ignore fan3

    # For rattler - Soyo Dragon+ has only a CPU fan for now
    ignore fan1
    label fan2		"CPU Fan"