Re: How to create a 3.0r1 repository on disk?

On Thursday 27 February 2003 04:03 am, Stephen Birch wrote:
> I have an "official" Debian 3.0 dvd plus an "official" r1 CD.
>
> Can any tell me how to copy them both onto hard disk and combine them
> into a single 3.0r1 repository that apt can use.
>
> I have scanned the docks but cannot find a description - if the answer
> is a RTFM, could someone point me to the correct "fine" manual :-)
>
> Steve

I don't know about an automated way to combine the two. I looked at the
DVD structure and my local mirror structure. It seem that all you need
is the 'dists' & 'pool' directories copied from the DVD, same for the
uppdate cd. Use  'mount -o loop <*.iso>'   in order to do the copy. If
you use a 'file' entry in your sources list you will have seperate
entries for whatever location you copy the directories to. Not what I
would call an elegant Debian tools type solution but should work.

Jigdo may be worth a look a for reconstructing a new DVD from the two new
sources . You can always use a loop device for mounting the DVD, then use
the file location in your sources.list.
--
Greg Madden