Re: Gamepads

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:25:14PM -0600, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> This isn't so much Debian related as it is just general hardware info.
> I have a Gravis gamepad. It looks like a Playstation controller, which
> is great for SNES emulation.
> Unfortunately, the directional pad is hard to control. You have to
> really concentrate to make sure that when you change direction from down
>  to right that it doesn't still think you are pressing down AND right.

Yes, I have the exact same one, and it really sucks for SNES and MAME.

> So I am in the market for a new gamepad. It is one thing to find out
> what is supported in Linux, but it is another to buy a gamepad that is
> not only comfortable but intuitive.
> Any suggestions? People have suggested MS Sidewinders, which I will
> consider, but I wonder if a cheaper solution exists (correct me if I am
> wrong, but I last remember it going for $25-$30 (USD)).

I bought the logitech wingman cordless.  8-way dpad, dual analog, ten
buttons or something like that, and of course wireless.  The dpad is
better than the gravis, but not as good as a console.  I thought about
getting a usb to nintendo controller adapter, but that seemed too
expensive.

Anyway, I bought it from this place:
http://shop.zinsmeister.com/micekey.html
Their service was excellent.