getting bash back on a system

Well, I managed the dumbest: I uninstalled bash (don't ask, please
don't ask why...).   Though apt complained it didn't want to...I did.
Ouch!

Well, the system really has problems without bash, and I can't get it back
on.  dselect quits.  apt quits.  Actually, I got half way through the
uninstall, and apt quit there.  So apt and dselect have been dead since
then. So I have a half uninstalled dysfunctional bash....

I'm up and running and I changed my user account and root account to
the C shell; so I assume if I reboot, I'll at least have some working
shell.  I changed these shell variables in /etc/passwd...Is that correct?

So, any ideas about how to get bash back on the system with apt and
dselect down for the count?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Eric Cheney