Re: installation

FU2 ! said:
> I'm trying to install debian onto its own hard drive which has been
> formatted and is ready for the installation, however i'm not quite sure
> which files i actually need to install, and there's so many on the
> website, i downloaded the .iso file for the i386, and wrote it to CD, but
> when i tried to boot from the CD it wasn't recognised as a boot CD by my
> computer, so could you help me with that please?   And also would you
> be able to tell me exactly what files i need to download from the info i
> gave above please?

where did you download the ISO from? what program did you use to
burn it? Seems a common problem is people burn the ISO file itself
to the CD(which results in the CD having 1 big file with .iso on it),
rather then burn the contents of the ISO image to the CD in their
original form. There should be several files and directories on the
CD with the burned ISO.

nate