Re: Problem with kernel update

Hi there again,

--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 07:44:48 PM +1100 Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:27:17AM +0100, Harry Brueckner wrote:
My initrd-tools are version 0.1.37 which seems to be the most current
version.

Any other ideas?

If you go to packages.debian.org/initrd-tools you'll find that the
latest version is 0.1.38.

Hmmm, seems like my mirror was a little old. I upgraded to 0.1.38 and now it does not loop but doesn't find any module either and stops with a kernel panic when it tries to kill init. :-/

I guess I have to compile my own kernel since the distributed package seems unusable somehow. :-/

Thanks for your help anyway! :-)

Harry