Internal SMTP Relay with EXIM

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an internal SMTP relay/gateway for all email on our network (example.com - for example). Any Internet email should pass through our firewall and be forwarded to this box. After processing (using exim, spamassassin, sophos), it should then be relayed to our GroupWise server for delivery. Any outbound email should go the other way (from GroupWise to gateway, and out through the firewall).

Unfortunately, during testing I've either gotten Internet email bounced back to my Yahoo! account (normally '550 relaying to test@example.com prohibited by administrator' errors), or abuse.net says it's a possible open relay at step #6 (sending from example.com to example.com gives a deferred message). I've followed the howto instructions included in the spamassassin package, but I think I'm missing something on the Exim configuration.

If someone has set up a similiar system, could they give me a hand?

Thanks,

Ken McCord