Re: Problem with kernel update

Hi there,

--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 07:46:33 AM +1100 Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

Any idea what could be wrong? I found several postings about this
problem  but not a single useful reply to them. :-/

Upgrade your initrd-tools package and reinstall kernel-image.

I removed the package, checked the version of my initrd package and installed the kernel again. The result is the very same - it hangs in an endless loop where it tries to load some modules. :-(

My initrd-tools are version 0.1.37 which seems to be the most current version.

Any other ideas?

Harry