Re: login by ssh fails

I expect that you're running into the default TCP-Wrappers
configuration.  If this is the case, there are at least 2 ways to
resolve the issue.

1) If the remote system has a static IP address, just add an /etc/hosts
entry for the box.

2) Edit /etc/hosts.deny, and change the "ALL: PARANOID" entry to
"ALL EXCEPT sshd: PARANOID" (you might need to restart the ssh daemon
after doing this... dunno).  This will prevent TCP-Wrappers from
dropping incoming connections when it can't reverse-lookup the
hostname.

The first option is preferred, because the PARANOID setting gives a
(very) small measure of protection against some types of network attacks.