Re: cdrecord image

One Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:32:45 -0800,
Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> Well, just issuing a command like:
> cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -v - cdimage.iso
>
> starts the processes up and eventually gets to to:
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ...
>
> And it just sits there like that forever.
>
> Now, I'm assuming when you say to issue the command:
> mkisofs -R -J -o cdimage.iso /directory
>
> that /directory in this case is where the cdrom is mounted? or
> what?

No. The directory/ (relative to your current working directory)
is the directory/ of the stuff you want to make an ISO FileSystem
of, the stuff you burn to the CDR using cdrecord.

> Anyhow, I tried to do the following:
> mkisofs -R -J -o cdimage.iso | cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -

That won't work becuase mkisofs's -o flag conflicts with
cdrecord's read from pipe option (the dash at the end of the
command). What happens is that an image called "cdimage.iso" is
created, so cdrecord doesn't have anything to work on!

If you want to burn "cdimage.iso", do so by replacing the dash
("-") with the name of the image created by "mkisofs -o
filename", as in the command below:

cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v cdimage.iso

Alternatively, you can issue:

mkisofs -R -J | cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -