Re: IMAP Migration

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 08:28, Gabriel Granger wrote:

> I've just set up a imap server, some of my users are having problems
> migrating their data from client pc mailboxes to the IMAP folders.
>
> 1. should it take ages, to copy data from client email app(POP3) to
> IMAPs folders with the sam client. example .... 10 mail iteams takes
> over 5mins and theres less then 1Mb data in total.

If the users are connected with a 28.8 modem then that sounds about right?
What speed is the connection?

> 2. some users are reporting that when they copy their mail from one
> folder (POP3) to another folder (IMAP) it does not copy them all
> somewhere along the line it loses the items.

That sounds pretty strange, is the problem widespread or just a few clients.
Are the clients outlook, netscape, eudora, ???  Are the ones having problems
all a particular client?

If the problem is just with Outlook for example you could have them install
netscape, import the old mail into netscape and try the copy from there.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                     http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                        Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD