Re: Netinstall - nothing works?

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 04:46:37 -0600
Donald Spoon <dspoon@astcomm.net> wrote:

> Klaus Imgrund wrote:
>  > -SNIP- <
> > There is obviously some problem with either my reiser partitions
> > although they work fine or with the cd's.
> > The 'testing' cd's boot but don't recognise my NIC.
> > Funny thing is that a old potato cd boots just fine w/o complaining
> > about superblocks.
> >
> > Klaus
> >

> That is really weird!  With either the boot floppies or the installer
> from the CD, you should be able to boot right up into the start of the
> install process... i.e. where it starts asking about your keyboard,
> etc.

With the testing CD's it boots fine.Everything works ok there until I
try to find my NIC.
With every ISO I tried (bout 5) with bf-2.4 it starts to load the
kernel.The screen comes up and then I get an error about wrong magic
followed by the reiserfs superblocks it can't find.Next step is the
kernel panic.I never make it to any installation steps there at all.

I did create the reiser partitions with a 2.4.20 kernel but as you said
- partitions don't even get mounted where I get stuck.

Just to make sure I didn't screw up something with the ISO I burned a
gentoo install CD and that boots just fine and finds all the hardware.

Real strange!

Klaus