Re: Netinstall - nothing works?

> Exactly which "netinstall iso with bf2.4 kernel" did you download &
> try?
Meanwhile I downloaded all images from the debian site.Well not really
from there - the ones that are mentioned there.

>   You mentioned the "businesscard.iso for a testing netinstall" as a
> second try, and IF you tried the other one available from the same
> site, it was  a "testing" installer too!
I know.Those installers boot at least but can't find my NIC.

>  From what I can see, the "standard" 2.4.18-bf4 kernel used in Woody
>  has
> both Reiserfs support, and support for your NIC compiled in... there
> is no need for inserting additional modules to get the netinstall
> going.  I have done several Woody netinstalls here, and all went quite
> smoothly... although I don't have the same hardware as you.
Same here - but for the other netinstalls I didn't use the bf-2.4 kernel
Images but the regular ones.
Problem seems to be that I got reiserfs partitions on there now and the
kernel gives me a message about missing superblocks on the reiser
partitions on startup and then stops with a kernel panic.

 There is
> no reliable way to go directly to testing at the moment that I know
> about, if that is where you want to end up.

I don't care about that - what I do need is anything but an ext2/3 root
file system.It's the second time my root pertition got corrupted and
I've had enough of that.

> The easiest way to do a netinstall that I have found is to use the
> official Woody boot floppies.
Tried a cd made with the boot floppies - kernel panic.

  If your hardware is compiled into the
> kernel (as yours appears to be) then all you need is the "rescue" and
> "root" floppies to get to the point where you can log onto the net and
> complete the install.  I always grab the driver floppies as well...
> just in case.  Once you have Woody installed, you can upgrade to
> testing or whatever fairly easily by apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> As an alternative to the boot floppy method above, you can use one of
> the "unofficial" netinstall isos for Woody.  I don't think there are
> any "official" netinst isos for Woody.   Might I suggest Eduard
> Bloch's "bootbf2.4.iso" at:
Tried that - kernel panic.

There is obviously some problem with either my reiser partitions
although they work fine or with the cd's.
The 'testing' cd's boot but don't recognise my NIC.
Funny thing is that a old potato cd boots just fine w/o complaining
about superblocks.

Klaus